Whole wheat sour dough bread with melted sharp cheddar cheese, topped with mashed avocado, shredded spinach and a hard boiled egg.
Avocado toast is EGGCELENT!
If you're looking for a hardy breakfast meal that is quick & easy to make look no further! Avocado toast is super tasty and has a lot of nutritional benefits. Avocados are filled with unsaturated fats (healthy fats) that help reduce risk of heart disease and also help promote eye, bone and skin health! For my vegan people out there you can do plain avocado toast with some vegan melted cheese on the bread, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper and maybe add some sriracha for an extra kick! In this case I added multiple ingredients just to make it more filling! I added melted sharp cheddar cheese because I love cheese (lol), shredded spinach for an extra vitamin boost, and hard boiled egg for a boost of protein. Eggs are a great source of protein and for non-meat eaters like me it's important to get some source of protein from a meal. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so make sure you're treating your body right! Enjoy!
Avocado Toast (serves one)
1 slice of whole wheat sourdough bread (or whatever bread you desire)
1/2 of a ripe avocado
A handful of spinach (shredded)
Sharp cheddar cheese (or the cheese of your choice)
Salt & Pepper
Red pepper flakes
1. Take a pot of water and boil your egg on the stove top. While the egg is boiling, preheat your oven to 400 degrees, slice up pieces of the cheese and place it on your bread.
2. Once the oven is warm enough, put the bread in. Wait until the cheese is melted to take it out.
3. Begin scoping out half of the avocado, mashing it in a small bowl and sprinkling in a little salt. Take the handful of spinach and begin cutting it into strips.
4. Once the cheese is melted take it out the oven. Take the mashed avocado and spread it on the toast. Then take the spinach and sprinkle it on top of the mashed avocado.
5. When the egg is done boiling, remove the shell, slice it and then place it on top of the sprinkled spinach. Sprinkle a little bit of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes on top of the egg and ENJOY!
Cooking is all about experimenting with different flavors! Feel free to add your own twists to the recipes and have fun with it!
Make sure to follow my instagram page @MayasMenu