Sweet & Spicy Brussels Sprouts
Oven roasted Brussels sprouts caramelized with brown sugar and sriracha
Don't let the Brussels sprouts "bad rep" fool ya!
I really love me some Brussels sprouts! They contain high levels of vitamins A & C and help protect against colon and stomach cancer. Brussels sprouts get a bad rep for not being tasty, but when seasoned and cooked correctly they are super delicious! Here we have Sweet & Spicy Brussels Sprouts. It's just brown sugar and sriracha caramelized Brussels sprouts that are oven roasted. Now don’t go and get intimidated by the name or veggie in this recipe. It’s super tasty and my mom vouches for it lol. Also it's a super simple recipe with very few ingredients. Hope you enjoy :)
Sweet & Spicy Brussels Sprouts (serves 4)
5 cups Brussels sprouts cut into halves
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2-3 tbsp sriracha (depending on your spice level)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 garlic clove grated
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse and remove the damaged layers of the Brussels sprouts. Cut in halves.
3. Add Brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl. In a separate small bowl combine all other ingredients (extra virgin olive oil, sriracha, brown sugar, garlic, salt & pepper to taste). Mix together and give it a little taste. Feel free to add a sprinkle more of sriracha or brown sugar or whatever you want if the taste is not to your liking.
4. Drizzle in your brown sugar and sriracha mixture in the large bowl with the Brussels sprouts and mix together until they are lightly coated.
5. Spread Brussels sprouts on a non stick baking sheet and cook for about 20-25 mins or until they are nice and crispy!
Cooking is all about experimenting with different flavors! Feel free to add your own twists to the recipes and have fun with it!
Make sure to follow my instagram page @MayasMenu