Veggie Stuffed Peppers
Bell peppers stuffed with vegan sausage, corn, butternut squash, red onion, tomato, zucchini, and jalapeño topped with cheddar cheese and cilantro.
Hope you enjoy :)
Stuffed peppers (serves 4)
4 bell peppers (any color of your choice ; green is good for stuffing)
1/2 cup of zucchini (diced)
1/2 cup of butternut squash (diced)
1/2 cup of corn
1/4 cup of red onion (diced)
1/4 cup of tomato (diced)
2 Field Roast Italian veggie sausage links
2 garlic cloves (grated)
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1. Take 2 Field Roast Italian veggie sausage links out of its packaging, cut them vertically and pan fry them in a skillet. Cook until golden brown. Try not to overcook.
2. Dice up zucchini, butternut squash, red onion, tomato and put it in a bowl with the corn and cut up veggie sausage pieces. Mix together the ingredients.
3. Add in grated garlic, chopped up cilantro and extra virgin olive oil. Mix everything together and let sit for 5mins to let the flavors marinate.
4. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Cut the tops off of the 4 peppers and remove the seeds. Add in the mixture to each pepper giving equal proportions.
5. Once peppers are filled sprinkle cheese on the top. Put in the oven and cook until the cheese has melted.
6. After the peppers look done to you sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top and ENJOY!!
Cooking is all about experimenting with different flavors! Feel free to add your own twists to the recipes and have fun with it!
Make sure to follow my instagram page @MayasMenu